The Workshop Swap
A MG & YA Writer's Group
- Hosted online
- Run through a private Google Drive
- Monthly Workshops
- Monthly Events
- Private Slack channel
- NDA required at sign-up
DEFINITION OF CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION
1. DEFINITION OF CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION. Any Author’s work received for the purposes of beta reading, whether it be in electronic or in hard-copy form and a full manuscript or an excerpt. Also any information given within the beta reader Google Drive folder, by email, or any other means of communication.
2. EXCLUSIONS. If an Author has published the work that the BETA READER/WORKSHOPPER has been hired/contracted to beta read/edit, BETA READER/WORKSHOPPER will be allowed to speak (verbally or electronically) with members of the public regarding the work but not physically or electronically share it, unless a physical copy has been freely given as a gift from the Author or legally purchased from a book retailer or, if an electronic version, purchased from a physical or digital book retailer (through which the Author has legally given permission to share the work). The BETA READER/WORKSHOPPER has permission to post a review on book review websites (e.g. Amazon, Goodreads) after the Author has approved the review. The BETA READER/WORKSHOPPER has permission to speak with THE WORKSHOP SWAP, otheractive members of the company, and the Author regarding Author’s work.
RIGHTFUL INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
3. The BETA READER/WORKSHOPPER agrees and confirms that any and all work submitted to them from The Workshop Swap is the rightful intellectual property and copyrighted material of the Author. The submission of material for beta reading and/or editing privileges made exclusively under this agreement is in no way to be represented as purchased property.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL A BETA READER/WORKSHOPPER REDISTRIBUTE, COPY, SHARE, OR MAKE PUBLIC ANY MATERIAL IN ANY SIZE OR QUANTITY TO ANY THIRD PARTY OUTSIDE OF THIS AGREEMENT
4. The BETA READER/WORKSHOPPER agrees that under no circumstances will they redistribute, copy (either electronically or physically), share, or make public any material in any size or quantity to any third party outside of this Agreement. The BETA READER/WORKSHOPPER understands that this includes but is not limited to piracy, speaking about manuscript contents with anyone other than the Author, and duplicating the manuscript in any form.
THE COMPANY OR AUTHOR HAS THE RIGHT TO PROSECUTE ANY AND ALL VIOLATION OF THE AGREEMENT
5. This Agreement shall be upheld by the legal authority (court) that presides over the Company’s and the BETA READER/WORKSHOPPER’s state and/or country of residence, whether that be a state of the United States or other country. The Workshop Swap or Author has the right toprosecute any and all violations of the Agreement by any legal means available.
6. BETA READER/WORKSHOPPER is solely responsible for any violation of this Agreement. THE WORKSHOP SWAP and JESSICA TUCKERMAN will not be held liable for BETA READER/WORKSHOPPER’s actions.
LENGTH OF AGREEMENT
7. LENGTH OF AGREEMENT. This Agreement will be valid indefinitely, unless otherwise specified in writing and signed by both parties, even in the event BETA READER/WORKSHOPPER is no longer associated with THE WORKSHOP SWAP.
BY ENTERING YOUR EMAIL BELOW, YOU AGREE TO THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT.